- 0333 32 12 200
If you purchased your flat or maisonette from Oswestry Borough Council, Bridgnorth District Council or Shropshire Council under the Right to Buy Scheme, you will now be a leaseholder of Shropshire Council. This lease is now managed by Shropshire Towns and Rural Housing.
When you bought your flat or maisonette you will have purchased a long lease. This allows you and your successors to live in the property for an affixed time, usually 125 years. The block is still owned by the landlord, and the landlord will be responsible for the upkeep of the building as a whole and of any communal areas and facilities, but you as the leaseholder are responsible for everything inside your property.
You will need to consult your lease to ascertain your responsibilities and Shropshire Towns and Rural Housing responsibilities, but the following information may help as a guide:
- To pay your share of the costs of managing and maintaining the common parts of your building and the management and maintenance of the communal estate areas such as cleaning and grass cutting
- You will also contribute towards to pay your share of the costs of any major repairs to your building or estate, and generally any improvements that benefit you or your flat
- Repairs to plumbing such as pipework, baths, sinks, water tanks and wcs inside your property
- Repairs to carpentry in your property such as floorboards, glazing in windows, your entrance, door, frame and fittings including all your internal doors
- Repairs to all electrical wiring, fuse boards within your property
- Repairs to heating, plaster decoration within your property
- Annual Gas Safety Check
The general up keep of the building as a whole, and any communal areas and facilities
- Roof & Chimneys
- Rainwater Goods and Soil Pipes
- Communal Pathways / Roads
- Foundations / External brickwork / Structural walls
- External Decoration and communal internal decoration
- Lifts and Door Entry
- Communal Lighting
- Outside doors and window frames
- Communal aerials
For further information please refer to your lease.
Follow this link to the Leasehold Advisory Service website
Contact informationFor service charge queries: 01743 210221 (please have your account and invoice number ready).Click here to pay your rent or service charge online.
For noise nuisance or other estate issues:
Oswestry area: 01691 677369
Bridgnorth area: 01746 335300