Community and Involvement
- 01743 210206
We want to provide our customers with the best housing service possible. To do that we need you to let us know what you think of our services and what is important to you in your home and your wider community.
What are the benefits of getting involved?
- Services can be improved by focusing more on what our customers want and need
- Communities and neighbourhoods can be improved by bringing together people who care about where they live
- You can gain new skills and experience which means opportunities for personal development
How can I get involved?
There are different types of involvement which can include, activities, formal or informal, one off involvement or longer term, whichever suits you best:
- Give us your feedback - complete and return our satisfaction surveys, send us a Facebook message or simply email us to let us know if you have had a good or bad experience.
- Neighbourhood projects - Got an idea of how your community or neighbourhood could be improved? Let your Housing Officer know, we can help! Perhaps you're fed up with a patch of waste land that attracts litter? What about a couple of benches to make the most of a nice view or communal garden? Or even some fruit trees to create a small community orchard? The possibilities are endless!
- Tenant Inspectors - We are looking for people to be our eyes and ears by reporting repairs, helping us monitor the grass cutting contract and give out information to other tenants. If you are interested in volunteering to be a representative for your block of flats or street, please contact us.
- Area Panels - Want to get really stuck in and involved in monitoring and improving our services? We have 2 Area Panels, one in the North (Oswestry and surrounding areas) and one in the South (Bridgnorth and surrounding areas). Members of the panels scrutinise service areas and take recommendations to the board. They receive regular service and board updates and review performance and complaint information. (Interested? Follow the link at the bottom of this page for more information.)
- Residents groups - Want to get together with like minded people in your community? From service issues to finding out what activities are happening in your area.There are already several existing groups, get in touch, we'll tell you where your nearest one is, or help you to get one started in your area.
- Tenant Board Members - This is the most formal and involved tenant role. Ultimately, board members are company directors, and are responsible for the performance of the organisation. This is perfect for those who have a real interest in housing and have the availability to commit to this very challenging and rewarding role. (Follow the link at the bottom of this page for more information.)
Training and support (such as funding towards transport or child care) can be offered to anyone who wants to get involved and work with us.
There are lots of other different ways to get involved with us, please call or email us to find out more!