- 01743 210206
One of the ways you can get involved as a tenant or leaseholder is to join one of our Area Panels. We have one that operates in the North (Oswestry Area) and one that operates in the South (Bridgnorth Area).
What does the role of an Area Panel member involve?
- Choosing key areas of the business to scrutinise, write reports and make recommendations for improvement
- Having a say on issues that affect your area
- Setting area service standards and targets
- Influencing key decisions made by The Board about your area
- Delegated financial responsibility for the Community Chest budget
- Approving grants for activities and initiatives that are brought before the area panel
- Reporting to The Board on key decisions and activities
- Monitoring performance and feeding back on housing services in the area
Members will be supported by the Involvement & Empowerment Officers
How often and when are the meetings are be held?
- Meetings will be held every 2-3 months, but at times they may be more often especially when we are scrutinising services
- Meeting times are be arranged to suit area panel members, these can also be evenings and weekends
- Meetings are held at central locations and venues in the area that the panel covers and occasionally in the Shrewsbury main office
- Expenses will be covered or transport will be provided to enable members to attend meetings.
Who can be a member of the Area Panel?
- Any tenant or leaseholder of Shropshire Towns and Rural Housing can join the area panel.
- Please read the role description for more information.
- Training will be provided to support members in their role
Who do I contact if I want to know more?
If you would like some more information or would be interested in joining your local Area Panel please call us or you can speak to any of our current area panel members.
We look forward to hearing from you!