Sheltered Housing Schemes
- 0333 32 12 200
What is sheltered housing?
Sheltered housing is a group of homes that offers support and share some communal facilities such has a laundry and community room.
The accommodation is suitable for people aged 55 and over or who are vulnerable and this enables our tenants to live safely and independently.
Each scheme is different but all have the following to support you in your home:
• Safe and well checks by our friendly professional staff
• Community alarm
• Communal space where residents can meet and socialise
• Programme of events and activities taking place in the communal lounges for all to attend
Sheltered housing is usually a one-bedroomed bungalow or bedsits but there are also some two-bedroomed. Each property normally has its own lounge, kitchen and bathroom and the schemes have laundries for all to use if you wish.
Where are our sheltered housing schemes?
We have sheltered housing schemes in the following areas:
These homes are managed and supported by Shropshire Towns and Rural Housing.
How do I apply to rent a home in a sheltered scheme?
1) First of all click here to register with Shropshire HomePoint.
2) Complete a Sheltered Assessment Form by following this link